Friday, July 25, 2008

I have a family!

I woke up this morning and discovered I have a family when I get to Chile!!!!
That was soo exciting!!! I didn't think I would find out who they were until I got there! The email that the information was sent in gave sort of a disclosure... majority of the host families are single women or widows a smaller percentage are couples without children and though the most popular request by Americans is a family with college age kids the reality is that they just do not have the time or space to host an international student.
So anyway with that in mind I opened the attachment with the information and I've got a couple with kids! I am soo fortunate because not only do they have kids, but kids close to my age!!! I've got 2 older brothers, one is 27 and the other is 24 and a younger sister who is 17!! Almost a complete role reversal for me!! I am sooo excited!!! My host dad is a teacher at La Universidad de Vina del Mar and my mom works in an international pastry/bakery shop. (at least from what I understand from their descriptions...). This should be such an incredible experience. I cant wait!!!
12 days!!!!!

No comments: