Sunday, July 27, 2008

My new sister

Hola!!
It's Saturday, I've known about my new family for approximately 36 hours. In that time I sent my host mom an email (based on the email provided) and later in the day I had an email "HOLA ... de Chile!" but not from my mom as I had expected but from my sister! Her email was all in spanish (obviously) and I was excited to see that i could get the jist of it without looking things up!! (although in the end I did, just to make sure I was responding appropriately). She sounds really nice! Included a picture of her family, told me she is one of three children and had asked about what I like to eat and what would I like them to cook for me! So anyway, we have emailed a few times and then I looked her up on Facebook, just to see, and sure enough there she was! She accepted my friend request instantly (turns out we were online at the same time...) and then started a facebook chat with me! That was somewhat petrifying. Again, I could pretty much understand everything she was saying, but then I started to doubt myself and started looking things up. She was patient with my slow, limited spanish and said that its okay, "es normal" hahahaha (or should I say jajaja).
I am sooooo excited now!!! (still really nervous to actually speak face to face...) It should be soo awesome!!! (noticing a theme?)
Thats all for now, just wanted to let you know I am in contact with my host family!! Wahoo!
adios!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Honey,

Hope your travels were uneventful and you are safe in your hotel in Santiago! Dad and I want you to have a terrific adventure and learn alot about the country and culture. Stay safe, be smart, and enjoy! xoxo M & D