Thursday, August 7, 2008

Hola de Chile!!


Im here!!!

Yesterday I left Denver at 3, flew to Atlanta and from Atlanta to Santiago. We touched ground at 8 am (there is a 3 hour time change from denver to here, I am now 2 hours ahead, so jet lag wont be too bad) and i was off the plane, through customs and checked into my hotel room by 8:45 i think. it was quick and painless. i am staying at a hotel right across the airport drop off/pick up so thats good. I did not want to have to deal with taxis and everything especially since I am meeting up with the rest of the group tomorrow morning at 9 :45 am.

Flying in was foggy, so there wasn't a whole lot to see. it was neat though because the fog was settled on the ground and the mountains were nice and clear. I was sitting on the west side of the plane so i was overlooking the ocean, but when we were cirlcing waiting to land (delayed to due fog...) I saw the east siade and the mountains were a lot bigger and snow covered and everything so that was neat. Today i am going to take a nap, shower up, organize my stuff (turns out in the 3 day bag i packed at home I forgot to put shirts in... oops! hahahaha) and hang out by the pool or something? Its definitely winter here. I walked out to the hotel and could see my breath and wished I had a sweatshirt on or something slightly more substantial (and was also very glad i wasn't in shorts and a t-shirt like the guy next to me on the plane!)

Im anxious for the rest of the group to get here and get started!!

Adios!