Tuesday, August 12, 2008

HOLA!!!!
Today is the end of day 3 con mi familia. And my spanglish is INCREDIBLE. my spanish is not as good though... hahahaha. I am learning sooo much though. Some of the kids in my program were talking today about how quickly we are picking things up, we can already understand a lot more then we could on sunday so thats really cool. I like to throw in some of the slang that i've been learning about and stuff and throw it in and my host fam loves that. hahaha they get quite a kick out of my "chilenismos" hahahaha
I shall recap... Monday was the first day of spanish class. That went pretty well. Somehow, contrary to my opinion I got placed in the "advanced" spanish class. So maybe I know a tiny bit more then I give myself credit for? No se. Then despues de class we went to a department store called Ripleys and most of the group bought cell phones so we can try to stay in contact with one another. At home I had lunch with my mom which was good. Its a lot easier to communicate with her. She talks slower for me and quieter and she knows some english so at least she understands more of what im experiencing then the rest of the fam. (at least thats what I think...) After lunch I met Mateo and we went to dance (he lives really close) and learned some real salsa!!! (Im not really sure what we've been doing for the past lessons, but thats alright). I am truely dyslexic (sp?) everyway I was told to turn, I went the opposite way. It was beautiful. hahahaha. We didn't have "dinner" until 8:30 again and that was REALLLY intense. My brothers were both there, Diego con su polola (girlfriend in Chilean, novia is when you're engaged) and Naty had her boyfriend, and Gustavo is just very animated anyway... so it was reallly loud. AND they were telling their mom about how they had a party at the house in 2004 when Naty and their parents went to Santiago for the weekend... so that was pretty funny. "mom you cant get mad, we'll tell you if there are no consequences because whats passed has passed." hahahahaha talk about setting themselves up for trouble! hahahaha so it was a very interesting dinner. (PS my dad walked me to class! I didn't have to take the micro or worry about getting lost or anything, it was glorious!)
Today (Tuesday) I went to class (8:30 every day! que temprano!) and then after class we went back to ripleys for more phones and then I went home for lunch and everything. This time it was just me and my brothers and Diego's polola (i think her name is caty, pronounced caught-y??) so that was cool because it was more relaxed then dinners and they had music going and everything. Its neat because they eat every meal together. its not like oh hey i made some mac and cheese if you want some, they come and get you and you all sit down together and everything. its neat. Then i went back to school to meet up with the group and we went to go get our visas registered... had to take la micro! No me gusta. Then a group of us walked around townand that was cool, I had no idea how much more there was, and we didn't even get to the beach! (that was our destination and we made it to the water, but not the beach). At dinner it was the fam minus Gustavo and plus Naty's boyfriend, (his name starts with an A...) hahahaha and once again loud and craaaazy! hahahahaha. Oh and Naty y yo y su pololo went to the mall to pick up some things and that wa neat. Its super close! i had no idea! and its HUGE! they thought all the malls in the US were big and that their mall is really small, but its 5 stories and jsut crazy! hahahaha. You can buy batteries here individually, they just open a package and give you some. and you have to go to a special writing/arts and crafts type store to get a highlighter! then we went to the grocery store for bread. It was also weird because at the pen store, you tell them what you want, they get it, give you a reciept, you pay for it and then go to ANOTHER counter to pick it up... it takes forever! hahahaha
Its still freezing, especially at night/the morning, by about 3 its reallly nice out. I made the mistake of wearing a scarf to the police station (and my coat...) i was sweating before I even got to school, then we waited for la micro the rode the micro... hace caliente!
Tomorrow we are taking a big tour of Valparaiso (I am in Vina del Mar) after class so that will be fun I think. Oh I also showered today AND we got a new calefont! and its automatic!!! (but im not sure if its actually working yet or if they have to fine tune it tomorrow? I know they are coming tomorrow to work on it some more but Im not sure if I can shower or not...) wahoo!
anyway thats all for now, bed calls!
Buenas noches!

No comments: