Tuesday, July 22, 2008

VISA IS READY

HELLO!
After reading Paige's blogs from the DR I decided to give this blogging thing a shot. In an ideal world I will blog about my time in Chile on a semi-regular basis and even post some pictures... We'll see what really happens.
I leave in 2 weeks and one day from today!!! And even better, I got the email today saying that my visa is ready!!! WOO!!! So I will be off to LA to pick it up from the consulate at the end of this week or next week. I think now everything will hit and I'll start freaking out more about being gone for 5 months.
Let me back-track a little, I am going to Chile to study abroad for the semester. I'm leaving August 6th and will return mid December. There are 20-40 Americans in my program (we'll say 30 for now as a nice round number) and I think about 5 from DU (don't hold me to that number). We will each be staying with a host family, but do not know anything about our families until we get there... Talk about suspenseful! I'm taking 5 classes down there, cultural/historical type classes and they are taught by Chilean professors all in Spanish (my classmates will be the people in my program). Needless to say I will be learning a LOT of Spanish VERY quickly. hahaha.

ADIOS!

No comments: